Let's consider two groups, 150 and 15, with  variability in each group, say
an SD of 2.

Let's look at the power of a "not significant" t  test result at
significance level (alpha) = 0.05 (two-tailed)

Choose the smallest difference between the means  that you think might be
interesting or important, and read the power of the  trial to detect that
difference.
<NOBR

Power (%)
2.37

99
1.99

95
1.79

90
1.66

85
1.55

80
1.46

75
1.37

70
1.22

60
1.08

50
0.94

40
0.79

30

Regards,
Stan  Alekman

In a message dated 11/14/2009 7:11:54 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,