-----Original Message-----
From: Network for Aimhigher Data Analysts
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matthew
Horton
Sent: 29 October 2009 10:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Data Network Minutes, 12th October 2009

Dear all

Just read the minutes and noticed that you had discussed LA's sharing
School Census Data.

LA's have to send out a fair processing notice to parents/carers to say
what data is being collected, how it will be used and what organizations
will have access to this information. This letter is usually sent out
once a year. We are currently asking Birmingham local authority to add
Aimhigher as one of the organizations that this information will be
shared with. It would save a lot of time for partnerships if the DCSF
could add Aimhigher onto the letter so that each partnership do not
spend hours, weeks or years trying to get this agreed with LA's. I have
attached a copy of Wolverhampton LA's fair processing letter.

Regards

Matthew Horton
Evaluation and Liaison Officer
Aimhigher, Birmingham and Solihull
Student Recruitment and Outreach Department University of Birmingham,
Edgbaston Birmingham
B15 2TT
Tel. 0121 414 2510