Are you or any others at your HEI using an e-portfolio system for a)
staff PDP b) student PDP c) any other purpose?

We have several systems in place for students.  In our built environment
programmes we use Rapid, a  piece of software agreed with the
professional bodies concerned, and in widespread use by these type of
courses.  Some courses already use PebblePad although this is individual
course choice, not an insitution wide response.  Our art courses use an
e-portfolio system which has been created by our own staff members and
has won national awards.   The majority of courses do not use
e-portfolios at all however.

The only staff members who use anything like an e-portfolio are those
who are taking part in a pilot project run by my office.  They are for
the most part graduate trainees, although some other staff are involved.

As an insitution we are currently looking at e-portfolios in more depth
and assessing whether there should be insitution wide use or
entitlement.

2.	If the answer to 1) a, b or c above is yes, is this use and
support institution-wide or just in one faculty, school or department,
or part of the HEI?

there are a variety of ways in which they are used, for one specific
course, for a group of courses, but none are as widespread as a whole
faculty.

3.	Which e-portfolio software system/s does your HEI use?

Rapid, custom built and PebblePad.

4.	Do you use any other electronic means for PDP and/ or personal
tutoring support at your HEI?  And if 'yes' what software/system/s do
you use?

Yes tutors use a whole range of web 2.0 techonologies along with
networking sites such as facebook.  There is a wide range of practice.

5.	Do staff doing the PG Cert in HE/ Cert in HE or equivalent
qualification use e-portfolios?

Not currently

 I hope that is helpful, if you have any further questions please don't
hesitate to contact me.

Laura Dean

Head of Employability

Leeds Metropolitan University