Hi Wiltrud,

It is possible to automate the process of extracting the list of bad
channels from the log. First, send the log to a file using either the
redirect ('>') or 'tee' commands, like so:

[maxfilter command...] -v  > my_log_file.txt
- or -
[maxfilter command...] -v | tee my_log_file.txt

The redirect will only output the log to your screen; the 'tee' command will
output the log to your screen and to the file.

Then you may use unix commands to extract the lines that report bad channels
(in my output they start with the phrase 'Static bad channel...'), extract
the relevant columns from that line (columns 5 and up in my output), and
send the list of bad channel numbers to another file, e.g.:

cat my_log_file.txt | sed -n /Static/p** | cut -f 5- -d * * | tee
my_bad_chans.txt

You may need to tailor this command to suit your output.

I hope that's helpful.
Cheers,
- Jason.