From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Milne Campbell
Sent: 10 September 2009 16:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Hyper Hydrosis & Head Gear / Sweat Protection

Dear list,

I have a client seen as a management referral for excessive sweating / weight concerns.

Following my suggestion he has sought the advice of his GP who agrees with me that the most likely diagnosis is Hyper Hydrosis,

He works as a staff nurse in neurology, previously he has been wearing a bandanna to control his sweating but his manager objected too this.

Is anyone aware of other headgear that might help this chap – (a theatre cap was tried to no effect),

I am concerned that he is now feeling stigmatised by the whole thing.

Or is the wearing of a bandana a suitable adjustment / adequate PPE?

Many Thanks

Campbell

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence.

If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.

Please return it to the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.

Whilst e-mail and attachments are virus checked Gloucestershire Healthcare Community does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of their respective organisation.

Gloucestershire Primary Care Trust
http://www.glospct.nhs.uk
2gether NHS Foundation Trust http://www.partnershiptrust.org.uk
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust http://www.gloshospitals.org.uk