To: [log in to unmask]
From: Vicky Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: [log in to unmask]
Date: 03/09/2009 12:00
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Fitness, PEQ and STSA

[virus checked]

Fitness, PEQ and STSA

Hi Tracy

This information is not useless if the employer is advised regarding reasonable adjustments required or not as the case maybe.  The question about STSA is irrelevant to the DDA statement.  It is not up to OH to disclose declared sickness levels just to advise on fitness for employment. You must have criteria which would cause you to call an applicant in for Health interview before clearing them for employment.  If HR know what your criteria are and you have not advised as above, then maybe there has been a failure of disclosure on the applicant’s part when the reference does not agree with the Health Declaration.  Although you could not disclosure to HR the level of sickness claimed you could state that it did not breach your criteria hence you cleared them on that basis.  It then becomes the responsibility of HR to ask the person why they did not disclose the true level of sickness absence according to the reference.  This has certainly been the case in our Trust an rare occasions in the past.  Hope this helps.

Regards

Vicky Wells