Well, it's 5.30 on a Friday and as I sit here in my office on the mouth of the Congo River and ready to go home, a few thought have crossed my mind;

Why, no matter how slowly it is poured does water ripple, even when poured slowly over a sloping pane of glass? What about in a vacuum or in space, would it still ripple? Is it laminar in nature? Does the smooth glass still cause some friction on the water causing the water in contact with the glass to flow more slowly and the rest to flow over the top?

Why do men apparently produce more flatus then women?

Where does all that money go to when a company loses billions in a stock market fall? Are there men in cellar busily burning wads of notes in order to balance the books?

AND more importantly;

How can the health of a business as a whole be measured?
Number of sick days, long term absence, OH services, Oh management, HR procedures, health and safety management plans, exposure monitoring, low stress levels, stress management plans, communications between management and employees, freedom from worry over redundancies? etc.etc.

Is it possible to measure and score such parameters as a way of identifying shortfalls and as a sort of 'ISO 9001 of Corporate Health'. Something that says "we are a healthy company'

Has anyone come across an audit tool like this?

Have a great weekend - I'll still be thinking about that water !!

OwenD

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING EDUCATION