you may be interested to read some of the theatre theory that talks
about death, eg herbert blau, artaud, etc. there are many theatre terms,
such as an actor "dying" on stage when the performance is not going well
or "corpsing" when they forget their lines, that refer to death in
relation to theatre/live performance.

one quote i like (can't remember who said it tho) is "the best thing
about theatre, apart from it being magic, is that it ends some time."

h : )

Gere, Charlie wrote:
> Another thought following on from my last post - perhaps the whole issue between time-based art and object art is that of death. The object presents us with an illusion of something whole, enduring. We have the idea with most object-like works of art that we can see it all at once, in an instant, and what we see will remain stable, and enduring, which paradoxically gives it a sense of infinitude, and thus perhaps allays our own fear of death. Curation is based on defeating the effects of entropy and decay to preserve works of art in a state of suspended animation, life-in-death.
>
> By contrast time-based arts operate in time, you need time to see them, thus they imply ending and indeed can and do come to an end, even if they then repeat or start again, and thus finitude and so on.
>
> Thus a work such as Hirst's Shark, supposedly a meditation on death, in fact is its disavowal, whereas time-based and the ironically-named 'live' arts actually engage in finitude and death. The real irony is that they are therefore far more about life

helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.avatarbodycollision.org
http://www.upstage.org.nz
http://www.writerfind.com/hjamieson.htm