Ofcom today published my and two other Reuters Institute working papers as part of its local and regional media review, addressing the policy and economic fallout of the crisis in local journalism.

All three can be downloaded from the RISJ website: http://reutersinstitute.politics.ox.ac.uk/publications/risj-working-papers.html or from the relevant Ofcom page http://www.ofcom.org.uk/research/tv/reports/lrmuk/

Interesting presentation by Stewart Purvis at Ofcom’s seminar in Salford today, which (I think) would be welcomed by those of you with a particular interest in local television: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/research/tv/reports/lrmuk/Salford_local_media.pdf

Steve

Prof Steven Barnett

Professor of Communications

School of Media, Art and Design

University of Westminster

Watford Road, Harrow

Middlesex HA1 3TP

Direct Line: +44 (0)20 7911 5981

email: [log in to unmask]

The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW.