Dear colleagues,

DETAILS OF NEW SHINE COORDINATOR

Apologies for cross-posting.

As many of you will know, my role as SHINE Coordinator is due to end soon.
 I will be starting my new job as the East Midlands Regional Historic
Environment Adviser for Natural England on Tuesday 8th September.

Many HERs are working hard to provide SHINE data in time for the next
deadline, which is Friday 25th September.  Having invested so much time in
this project, I am very keen to see it through to the next deadline and I
have therefore agreed with Natural England that I will continue to work on
this version of SHINE throughout September.  The arrangements that HERs
have made with me will therefore not change.  HERs will still be able to
send emails regarding SHINE to me at my current email address
([log in to unmask]), whereupon those emails will be
automatically forwarded to my Natural England email address.  I will
correspond with HERs regarding the results of the data validation and
upload process in the usual way.

Sarah Poppy, Senior Archaeologist at Cambridgeshire County Council, has
very kindly agreed to act as the new SHINE Coordinator until longer term
arrangements have been established.  She will take on responsibility for
coordinating and maintaining the SHINE dataset from October 2009.   I am
making every effort to ensure that HERs are not inconvenienced during this
transition, but should you have a problem contacting me, Sarah is happy to
answer queries and provide support via phone and email during this
transition period.  The SHINE Coordinator role will be funded for one day
a week on a temporary basis (for the remainder of this financial year)
while we seek a source of long-term funding for the post.  As such, it is
important to note that Sarah will be able to provide help and support over
the phone or via email but is unlikely to have the resources to conduct
site visits to individual HERs.  Sarah will circulate the next SHINE
deadline that she will be working towards (which is likely to be around
Christmas 2009) in the coming weeks.

Sarah's contact details are:

email: [log in to unmask]
tel: 01223 717312

I would ask that unless you are having trouble contacting me, all SHINE
queries and data should be sent directly to me, rather than Sarah, until
Friday 9th October.  I will email the SHINE group and HER forum in early
October to let you know that I have officially handed over responsibility
for the SHINE dataset to Sarah, whereupon emails sent to my Hertfordshire
email address will cease to be forwarded to me at Natural England, and
should be sent directly to Sarah.

If you have any queries or concerns about the transitional arrangements,
please don't hesitate to get in touch (contact details below).  I will
continue to access my Hertfordshire email address until Friday 9th October
and you'll also be able to contact me via my mobile phone until the end of
this week (Friday 4th September).  Once again, please send your SHINE data
to me in the usual way - nothing changes in terms of the email address you
send data to or deadline of Friday 25th September.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you for all the help and
support I have received from you over the past few years.  I have really
enjoyed my time as ALGAO's Rural Development Officer and SHINE Coordinator
- thank you!

All the very best,

Elaine

Elaine Willett
SHINE Coordinator / Rural Development Officer
ALGAO: England

Historic Environment Unit
Hertfordshire County Council
County Hall
Pegs Lane
Hertford
SG13 8DN

Mob: 07733 301615

****Disclaimer****
The information in this message should be regarded as confidential and is intended for the addressee only unless explicitly stated.  If you have received this message in error it must be deleted and the sender notified.  The views expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily those of Hertfordshire County Council unless explicitly stated. Please be aware that emails sent to or received from Hertfordshire County Council may be intercepted and read by the council.  Interception will only occur to ensure compliance with council policies or procedures or regulatory obligations, to prevent or deter crime, or for the purposes of essential maintenance or support of the email system.