Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for this response!

"To really see the individual in this way means both seeing their uniqueness and simultaneously how that uniqueness relates to their personal history, the social and political history of the times in which that person has lived, and all the interrelationships and nexus from which that person has arrived."

YES!!!

"To be able to see and experience all this walking down the street or in a shopping mall with each individual would be demanding and potentially overwhelming."

Yes, actually to ENGAGE with every individual identity in this way would be overwhelming. But to be AWARE of the truth of this situation, and to translate this awareness into a general (inclusional) attitude of mind that influences the way we engage receptively, responsively and reflectively in our local dynamic relationships with our living space and its inhabitants is, I think, not overwhelming, but a source of deep wisdom and creativity. I think such awareness CAN be widely present in a mass society - indeed I think it IS implicitly already widely present, but drowned out by the way we have predominantly taught ourselves to think and communicate simplistically in abstract terms of complete material figures isolated from spatial ground. I think this awareness can be RELEASED through a living educational process that doesn't impose false limits on natural flow by definition. This is what I feel we should be working for as inclusional educators - but, of course, to do so we have to be liberated from false definition ourselves. Certainly a source of exhaustion (and sometimes overwhelming despair) for me in this 'lag phase prior to exponential growth' has been the requirement to work in depth 'with one or a few individuals at a time' to bring out their implicit inclusional awareness, only, very often, to see them back-track into the false security of what they have been taught in a non-inclusional culture.

"I think it requires either much discipline or meditative practice to experience these periods in a prolonged and regular way"

I think it actually 'comes naturally', if only we ALLOW  it to, by relaxing (fluidizing) our habitual boundary definitions. The discipline and meditative practice are only required to overcome the way we have been entrained habitually to think in definitive terms. I believe Jack will shortly be able to circulate a video clip showing two stages in the fluidization and integration of formerly restrictive boundary definitions, which opened the way to a transformational conversation...

Warmest

Alan