Dan -- congratulations!
Elina

--- On Tue, 8/25/09, Daniel Joslyn-Siemiatkoski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Daniel Joslyn-Siemiatkoski <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [M-R] New book on the Maccabean Martyrs
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 7:01 PM

New book on the Maccabean Martyrs
Greetings,

As a member of both the M-R and MEDIEV-L list I have noticed over the years that often around August 1 people inquire why it was that Christians observed the feast of the Maccabeus Martyrs. Occasionally I have chimed in and mentioned a book I was working on concerning these martyrs.  Now that book, Christian Memories of the Maccabean Martyrs. You can find information on the book here:

http://us.macmillan.com/christianmemoriesofthemaccabeanmartyrs

You might find this book worthwhile for your own collection or your libraries.

Dan Joslyn-Siemiatkoski

--

Daniel Joslyn-Siemiatkoski

Assistant Professor of Church History

Church Divinity School of the Pacific

2451 Ridge Road

Berkeley, CA 94709-1217

(510) 204-0718

Church Divinity School of the Pacific

The Episcopal Seminary of the West

Founding Member of the Graduate Theological Union

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]