medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture New book on the Maccabean Martyrs Greetings,

As a member of both the M-R and MEDIEV-L list I have noticed over the years that often around August 1 people inquire why it was that Christians observed the feast of the Maccabeus Martyrs. Occasionally I have chimed in and mentioned a book I was working on concerning these martyrs.  Now that book, Christian Memories of the Maccabean Martyrs. You can find information on the book here:
http://us.macmillan.com/christianmemoriesofthemaccabeanmartyrs

You might find this book worthwhile for your own collection or your libraries.

Dan Joslyn-Siemiatkoski

--

Daniel Joslyn-Siemiatkoski
Assistant Professor of Church History

Church Divinity School of the Pacific
The Episcopal Seminary of the West
Founding Member of the Graduate Theological Union