May I suggest some reading (fiction)? Elizabeth Kostova, The Historian (2005) for the cold war Budapest atmoshere.

Best wishes,

Anders Fröjmark

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture [mailto:[log in to unmask]] För Charles Giguere
Skickat: den 29 augusti 2009 01:35
Till: [log in to unmask]
Ämne: Re: [M-R] Budapest

Eminentissime,

I am going to Hungary at the end of September, .for the first time since leaving it ain 1949, t the age of seven ,  drugged and under a tarpaulin and a bunch of tires, hammers and spanners (in a truck, belonging, so I was told, to  "respectable saccharine smugglers").  My time will be divided pretty well between Budapest and  the centre of the universe (Simontornya - as  my father gave me to understand) and Mohacs, my mother's birth place. I would be very grateful for any suggestions as to what I should see.

Bernadette Filtotas

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]

to: [log in to unmask]