Dear Roberto and Gwen,

it is indeed the case that the map you get with --jout only considers
the non-linear part. So if you want to know the full geometric scaling
you would need to incorporate the affine part yourself. It is a
reasonable first approximation to just multiply the jacobians
together, though if one wants to be very nitpicky it is slightly more
involved.

Internally in fnirt the "full" jacobian is calculated and used (this
is what we constrain to be positive). If there is some interest in it
I can always include an option to write it out in the next release.

Good Luck Jesper