If you just want to calculate the number of activated voxels from the results of your FEAT analysis, just use fslstats thresh_zstat.nii.gz -V on the thresh_zstat image.  The thresh_zstat image is nonzero where the thresholding you selected determined the voxels to be active.
Is that what you wanted?
Eugene