Here is an good example for ROI time series data correlation in RS-fMRI:

"Mapping the functional connectivity of anterior cingulate cortex"
by Daniel S. Marguliesa, A.M. Clare Kellya, Lucina Q. Uddina, Bharat
B. Biswalb, F. Xavier Castellanosa, c, ,  and Michael P. Milham
NeuroImage
Volume 37, Issue 2, 15 August 2007, Pages 579-588

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:19 AM, Tal Herbsman<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Dear FSL users, I would appreciate some advice on this: I am interested in doing
> correlation analysis on time series data extracted w/ fslmeants of various anatomical
> ROIs from FEAT preprocessed fMRI data. I have a set of nuisance time series (CSF, WM
> and whole brain global drifts). What would be the correct way of regressing these
> nuisance covariates out of my time series? I can think of two ways but am not sure which
> (if any) is correct, nor how to implement them:
>
> 1. orthogonalize the ROI time series with respect to global drift time series. Is the FSL
> orthogonalization available as a separate command line program?
>
> 2. use GLM to figure out PEs for nuisance regressors and subtract from signal. Not sure
> how to go about doing this.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Tal.
>

> Tal Herbsman, MD
>
> Assistant Professor
> Department of Psychiatry
> University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
> 6001 Research Park Blvd.
> Madison, WI 53719-1176
>
> Office: (608) 263-6100
> Fax: (608) 263-0265

Best Regards

National Key Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience and Learning
Beijing Normal University
Beijing, China. 100875
Tel: +86-13810154455
web: http://psychbrain.bnu.edu.cn