From: Discussion list for the Crisis Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mohamed Yunus Yasin
Sent: 07 August 2009 11:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: drones

Halo

Why not go all the way with the unmanned war thinking and we just create an online game (similar to the 'Doom' game) where we can fight the entire war in cyber space and no one dies.

this need to kill the other without dying ourselves in not new. this is the reason for the creation of modern weapons/methods like the Carpet bombing method and Atomic Bomb. In world war 2 carpet bombing was excepable. but with time, civilian deaths became unacceptable - so the need for smart weapons became more 'in fashion' where we can kill only combatant with no risk of us having to go through the rather not so nice process of dying. what would be the next innovation in war? i heard of people even talking abt mass hypnosis as a method to win wars.... this is a human problem, we want war (good way to stimulate the economy) but we do not want to be associated with all those not so nice things associated with it....i personally think that the Man's brain is devolving into a monkey brain - hey who said the evolution process is one way. perhaps as monkeys, we can ensure the survival of the species....

my two bananas worth!

peace
yunus