Max
> I am trying to figure out which set of contrast codes is correct to
> examine the effect illness while controlling for age. The order of the
> columns in the attached screen shots is age, illness and task.
there are 3 columns only so  suppose 1st is age, 2nd illness - the 3rd
one has 1s everywhere, i.e. this is your constant (mean) - correct
contrast is the 2nd one [0 1 0] showing the unique variance explained by
illness, age effect being taken into account.

> <http://www.ICUdelirium.org>

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.