Dear Lis-mappers,

If you are coming to Edinburgh to the Map Curators' Group Workshop and are looking for accommodation, in addition to the sites we pointed to earlier, there is a further possibility it might be worth checking out.

This is  Edinburgh First as below:

http://www.edinburghfirst.com/accommodation/cateredaccommodation.asp

It is the accommodation arm of Edinburgh University and the Pollock Halls at Salisbury Green which is within easy walking distance from the Dalkeith Road to the National Library of Scotland Map Room.  The Kenneth Mackenzie Suite in Richmond Place is in EH8 and is a bit further away but still within walking distance.  I understand that the accommodation is all up to modern standards.

Avoid Chancellor’s Court as it is next to the new Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, is some distance away and is rather isolated at night.

Ann Sutherland
Convener MCG