Dear all,

Please find below a message from Don Henson regarding the Humanities and Social Sciences Diploma.  Please send your thoughts and suggestions to Don @ [log in to unmask].

I would be grateful if you could copy in John Reeve ([log in to unmask]) and myself ([log in to unmask]) – as representatives of GEM and the LOtC Heritage Sector Partnership, we would be interested in your responses

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Fenella

On behalf of

Sara Wallington

Administrator

GEM, 131 Trafalgar Street, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 4RP, UK

Tel/Fax:  +44 (0) 1634 853424

Email: [log in to unmask]

www.gem.org.uk

I attended a meeting last week of the Delivery advisory Group for the new Humanities and Social Sciences Diploma (to be taught from 2011).

The DCSF are appealing for case studies on how humanities subjects are currently being taught that can illustrate the following -

1. GCSE or AS/A level project work

2. How humanities can be taught as applied learning (there is a big debate about what applied learning means - either academic knowledge/skills as applied in the workplace or the application of humanities knowledge/skill sin real-world situations)

3. Employer-led practice in delivering humanities (perhaps good examples of work placements)

4. Good progressions routes for humanities at 18 - where can humanities people go for careers or higher studies

5. Collaboration in delivering humanities subjects between different disciplines

This could be a good chance for us to highlight examples involving out of classroom learning. If anyone has examples they think might make good case studies, please let me know and I can pass them on to the right people.

All the best,

Don

Don Henson

Head of Education

(Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)

Raise money for Council for British Archaeology as you search the web

With Everyclick you can fundraise for Council for British Archaeology every day.

HELP Council for British Archaeology TODAY - make http://www.everyclick.com/council-for-british-archaeology your homepage.
Thank you.

The Council for British Archaeology, St Mary's House, 66 Bootham, York, YO30 7BZ, United Kingdom.

Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in England 1760254; Registered Charity 287815.