Around this time last year, Dan Taubman of the UCU was collecting information on ESOL/citizenship scams like this. Dan - are you still doing so?
Cheers
James

From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Naomi Nikhata
Sent: 01 July 2009 08:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: private ESOl provision

Hi All

I have also had reports of this happening in Sheffield. One of my Turkish students studying at E2 at Doncaster College went to Sheffield and did a 3 day course which ended in the citizenship test. She paid a similar fee. Unfortunately had the learner told me about this she would have realised that she didnít need to do the test as she had progressed from pre-entry to entry 2 in the 3 years she had been studying with us, and as such would only have needed a confirmation letter from the college along with her photocopied certificates and her application. If any of you want the contact details Iím sure I can get them. I have warned my learners, but am sure there are desperate people who attend such courses.

Naomi Nikhata