  From: Lucie Martin
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 3:00 PM
  Subject: mysterious seeds

  Dear list members,
  Here is a seed that I, as well as many of my colleagues, can't identify.
  It concerns charred seeds from a neolithic site situated in the Northern French Alps at
  an altitude of 1800 m.
  I would be pleased with any of your suggestions!

  Kind regards

  Lucie Martin

  Lucie Martin
  *UMR 7209 - Archéozoologie, archéobotanique : sociétés, pratiques et environnements
  Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Bât. Anatomie comparée CP56
  55 rue Buffon, F-75005 Paris, France
  *Institute of Prehistory and Archaeological Science (IPAS); Basel University, Spalenring 145, CH – 4055 Basel.
  +41(0)22 379 69 48
  http://pages.unibas.ch/arch/archbot/address/martin.htm