6th Conference  on Current Pagan Studies
January 30 & 31, 2010

Call for Papers

Sustainability

Sustainability is becoming an extremely important word as we face dwindling fuel resources, water shortages, climate change and so on. We want to explore what does sustainability mean in practical terms. We are open to many areas of research in the field Pagan Studies. However, we are particularly looking for papers that explore Pagan theo/alogies, outlooks, artistic values, etc. and whether or not they can be helpful in saving our planet.
Remember that our definition of Pagan is very broad encompassing Wicca, witchcraft, earth-based religions and other permutations that have arisen from the current interest in Neo-paganism. We are reaching out to indigenous religions who might not see themselves under the rubric of pagan but who have a worldview of the Earth as being alive. We are also reaching out to those who understand that our vision of life affects the quality of that life.
Please send abstracts (no more than 200 words) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by October 31, 2009.

Thank you.
Kahena, Alfred, William, Jeffrey and Robert