· Some useful information for those wanting to gain an insight into what our students expect in a modern HE environment. Would assist in creating HE strategies? <attached>
· Also on the subject of strategy, there’s a new “e-book” out. This covers e-business models. http://www.jisc.ac.uk/media/documents/publications/erevolutionfull.pdf. Entitled “Using e-business models to deliver quality education”.
· I also think it’s useful for you to see what changes have been made in last week’s cabinet reshuffle. See attached a summary of the new BIS dept’ headed up by Lord Mandelson. You can subscribe to these policy watch bulletins from the Edexcel website.
· And for those looking to fund some innovative work, there’s the following bidding calls.
1) Submission Deadline : 20 July 2009 12:00
JISC wishes to fund one year projects and activities that fit with the vision, outcomes and principles of the JISC e-Learning programme and support innovative approaches to learning and teaching. This is an open call, and projects dealing with any aspect of e-learning are welcomed. To reduce the initial investment in time and resource needed to develop a traditional JISC proposal and to encourage speculative and innovative ideas from the community bidders are invited to submit outline proposals. More > http://www.jisc.ac.uk/Home/fundingopportunities/funding_calls/2009/05/circular408.aspx
2) Submission Deadline 13 July 2009 12:00
The JISC invites tenders to conduct a study to model the costs and benefits of changing scholarly communication practices within UK HEIs.
3) On a much smaller scale JISC Digital media are offering to assist Colleges set up such a service by bidding for some funds they are dishing out. Find out more and download docs on the event page.
Kevin Brace. CMALT, MSc, Ieng, PDF-ELT
JISC Regional Support Centre West Midlands, University of Wolverhampton,
Technology Centre, Wolverhampton Science Park, Glaisher Drive, Wolverhampton WV10 9RU
T: +44 (0)1902 518931
F: +44 (0)1902 824345
* Join my HE email list : http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/RSCWM-HE.html
* Join our Midlands eportfolio Group : http://groups.google.com/group/rscmeg
This email, together with any attachment, is for the exclusive and confidential use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged information. Any use, disclosure or reproduction without the sender's explicit consent is unauthorised and may be unlawful.
Any email including its content and any attachments may be monitored and used by The University of Wolverhampton for reasons of security and for monitoring internal compliance with the University's policy on internet use. Email blocking software may also be used. The University cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.
If you believe you have received this message in error please notify the sender by email, telephone or fax and destroy the message and any copies.
From: Sarah Knight [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 08 June 2009 15:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: 'Ellen Lessner'
Subject: Outcomes from Learner Experiences of e-Learning for FE
I thought you might be interested in seeing the attached guide, ‘Responding to Learners: a guide for institutional managers in further education’
which the Learner Experiences with e-Learning programme Support and Synthesis project has produced. This guide will be of interest to managers and policy makers in the further education sector, and to staff involved in ICT provision and support at a strategic level.
Materials available from the Learner Experiences of e-learning website include key messages and themes, evaluative techniques, method 'recipe cards', guides for different stakeholders, a staff development toolkit, video clips, and a range of repurposable staff development materials (including all the materials from the recent national workshops).
If you feel this would be useful to share with RSC staff please could you forward this to them and we would welcome any feedback on their use.
Thanks for your assistance,
Programme Manager: JISC e-Learning Programme
JISC Innovation Group
3rd Floor, Beacon House
Tel: 0117 33 10776
Mobile: 077 477 67944
Email. [log in to unmask]