Hi,

I'd be interested to hear people's comments on a kayaking metaphor for teaching information literacy found at http://markhepworthsblog.blogspot.com/. Plus I'm still interested in the metaphors other people use to help learners relate to IL. It doesn't have to be elaborate. It could be something that helps visualise one aspect of information literacy, such as, using 'finding a needle in a haystack' when talking about information seeking. In fact the latter required explanation when working with international students - and should be used with caution!

Best wishes,

Mark