Hi Ken

Glad you're feeling better!

I have a slight concern over this separation using RFID because I'm probably
not quite so convinced about the depth of understanding of resource
discovery among the RFID community as exists elsewhere. When I finish my
contract with RBKC I will say much more about this than I am currently able.

But I agree that things are changing - and should change. What is a concern
is the somewhat haphazard nature of the tinkering that appears to be
happening now. A bit like playing Jenga with the LMS - "let's pull this bit
out and see if it collapses..." :-).

The realisation that a standard would bring such major beneficial changes to
UK libraries was not a conclusion the RFID industry reached by itself...

Look forward to discussing this with you at length next time we make it to
the Exmouth Arms!

Best

Mick

Mick Fortune
Library RFID  Ltd

m. +44 (0)7786 625544         t.   +44 (0)1865 727411     e.
[log in to unmask] w. www.libraryrfid.co.uk
Join the UK list! http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=LIB-RFID-UK
Read the Library RFID blog!  http://www.mickfortune.com/Wordpress/?page_id=2
Follow me on  -  http://twitter.com/mickfortune