Here in Northamptonshire we have been expected to comply with Freedom of Information and EIR since January 2005, which means logging all SMR consultations on a standardised database, which I’ve slightly adapted to become our consultations monitoring system. It has proven very useful, and helped to raise our corporate service-provision profile during a particularly besieged period here. We very rarely have to refuse information requests (about 6 refusals in over 4 years), and then only within the pre-defined criteria.

Chris

From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Casa-Hatton Rebecca
Sent: 22 June 2009 11:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Environmental Information Regulations 2004

Hi, Suzy

It is my understanding that the HER policies have to comply with the Environmental Information Regulations 2004, if and when applicable. Above all, they have to comply with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 which encompasses the EIR.

Rebecca

Dr Rebecca Casa Hatton

Heritage Access Officer (HER)

Peterborough Museum and Art Gallery, Priestgate, PE1 1LF

Tel. 01733 864702

(Monday-Tuesday, Thursday, 9:00-15:00)