Dear colleagues,

SHINE - TARGETING WORK TO EXPIRING (O)ELS AGREEMENTS

Apologies for cross-posting.

I have filtered the national dataset of those holdings that have 'live' ES
agreements, and I have extracted a data subset showing those holdings with
(O)ELS agreements that are due to expire next year (agreements with a
start date of 2005, so due to expire some time during 2010).  I have
divided this dataset by local authority areas (or national parks, where
appropriate), and I can provide it as either a .shp or a .tab file.

In some cases, where resources are particularly scarce, this dataset might
help HERs to focus their immediate efforts for the SHINE project on those
areas where agreements will need to be renewed next year.  Natural England
are aiming at a 90% renewal rate, which is seen as an ambitious but viable
target.

If you would like a copy of the data for those (O)ELS agreements that
expire in your area in 2010, please drop me a line and I'll either email
it to you or, where it's particularly large, I'll burn it to CD and post
it to you.

In the meantime, just a quick reminder that the next SHINE deadline is
Friday 25th September.  If you are planning/hoping to send data to me for
the September deadline and have not yet contacted me to let me know,
please can you drop me a quick email.  This information will really help
me to plan my workload over the coming months.

If anyone has data that they're working on that they'd like me to run
through the validation process, using the SHINE toolkit, please feel free
to send it to me and I'll send a report back as soon as possible.

Finally, as you'll no doubt be aware, my post is due to come to an end at
the beginning of October this year.  ALGAO and English Heritage are
exploring ways in which we can ensure that the role of SHINE Coordinator
continues beyond this date, but it is very unlikely that this role will be
funded as a full-time post.  As such, if you'd like me to visit your HER
to discuss the SHINE project and how it might work in your particular
set-up please contact me and we can arrange a date.  If you think it might
be useful for me to visit you, but you're worried about committing
yourself please let me allay any fears - a visit from me doesn't mean that
you're committing yourself to anything, but the facility for one-to-one
meetings at your office will only be available while I'm still in post.

If you would like a copy of your 2010 expiring (O)ELS agreements, or
you've got any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact me.

All the best,

Elaine

Elaine Willett
SHINE Coordinator / Rural Development Officer
ALGAO: England

Historic Environment Unit
Hertfordshire County Council
County Hall
Pegs Lane
Hertford
SG13 8DN

Mob: 07733 301615

****Disclaimer****
The information in this message should be regarded as confidential and is intended for the addressee only unless explicitly stated.  If you have received this message in error it must be deleted and the sender notified.  The views expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily those of Hertfordshire County Council unless explicitly stated. Please be aware that emails sent to or received from Hertfordshire County Council may be intercepted and read by the council.  Interception will only occur to ensure compliance with council policies or procedures or regulatory obligations, to prevent or deter crime, or for the purposes of essential maintenance or support of the email system.