Dear all,

I know that there are a lot of experts having experience in expressing a big protein in E.coli or yeast. My project is about a 95kd covalently-FAD-binding protein (Human protein). I tried very hard but have a bad luck over the past 1.5 years. I list what I did briefly so far. I am looking forward to getting suggestions from you. Thanks a ton in advance.

E.Coli
1. Express full-length in pET28a (N-6xhis)                               No expression
2. Express full-length in pET21b (no-tag)                                Inclusion body
3. N and C terminus truncated construct                                 Inclusion body
    (tagged and non-tagged)
4. Co-expression with GroEL/S                                              Inclusion body
5. Co-expression with with cofactors                                      Inclusion body
6. In pMAL vector                                                                     Not sure

Yeast: (No tag)
7. In pPICZb vector in Pichia                                                  No expression
8. In GHB30 vector in Saccharomyces cerevisiae                      No expression

I also tried to use different ways to break cells, use detergent, express at low temperature (down to 15 degree), modify IPTG concentration and so on.

I do not know what else I can try. Please give me suggestions. Thank you very much.

Best wishes

Wei Yong