There is an option in the new segmentation user interface to produce
"imported" tissue class images, which are suitable for use with DARTEL.  I
figured that this would simplify the processing, but it is not properly
documented yet.  I'll update the manual when I get a chance.

The cleaner results with the new segmentation are mostly from using a
different set of tissue probability maps.  Further work on these would result
in yet cleaner results (another thing on my to do list).

Best regards,
-John