***Apologies for cross posting***

Request for information

Action on Access is looking for examples of how HEIs and Aimhigher partnerships are working to increase the participation of boys in higher education.  Some of these examples will be included in a report, initially presented to the HEFCE in June.  If you would like to submit an example please provide the information requested in the attached pro forma to Carol Roche by Friday 22nd May ([log in to unmask]).

Thank you very much.

Liz Thomas

Lead Adviser Working with Institutions

Action on Access

For accessibility the text of the survey document is below:

Action on Access logo

Boys into HE

Action on Access is looking for examples of how Aimhigher partnerships and HEIs are working to increase the participation of boys in higher education.  Some of these examples will be included in a report, initially presented to the HEFCE in June.  If you would like to submit an example please provide the following information:

Name of intervention/project:

HEI or partnership name:

Your name:

Your email:

Target group(s):

Age/year working with:

Type of activity.  Please tick ONE activity type that best describes your intervention.  You can provide additional information if necessary.

¨  Summer school or residential

¨  Event at HEI or FEI

¨  Outreach activity in school/college

¨  Mentoring

¨  Engaging parents

¨  Provision of IAG

¨  Other (please specify)

Additional information: ___________________________________________

Intended outcome.  Please indicate which ONE of the following outcomes is the primary outcome your intention is trying to achieve.  You can provide additional information if necessary.

¨  Raising attainment in school/college

¨  Raising aspirations to progress to FE and/or HE

¨  Increasing information about HE opportunities

¨  Changing HE provision to make it more appropriate

¨  Other (please specify)

Additional information: ___________________________________________

Description of intervention (up to 500 words).  This may be used as a case study in the report.

Please provide details of any evidence you have about the impact or effectiveness of this intervention.

Would you be willing to provide further information in the future if required?  Yes / No

Thank you.  Please return this form to Carol Roche ([log in to unmask]) by Friday 22nd May 2009.

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it

Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us

Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free

The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131