-----Original Message-----
From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dominic Newton
Sent: 20 May 2009 15:43
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] notification

Hi everyone
i've just had a strange conversation with the ICO.  We are a large
organisation that already has several entries on the register covering the
different legal entities that make up the organisation.  However, we also
run several schools, pre-schools and nurseries, although they are not
maintained schools and are part of one of the aforementioned legal entities.

My understanding was that they would fall under our main notifications,
however the notifications helpline have mooted the possibility that - as i'm
aware local authorities do - we may need to register each school and similar
establishment seperately.
Has anybody come across the before?  We are voluntary not public sector.
Thanks

All user commands can be found at
 Any queries about sending or receiving messages please send to the list
owner
  Full help Desk - please email [log in to unmask] describing your
needs

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed, and be used by them for its intended purpose; and must not otherwise be reproduced, copied, disseminated, disclosed, modified, distributed, published or actioned. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by telephone on 01437 764551 and delete it from your computer immediately. This email address must not be passed on to any third party nor be used for any other purpose.
Pembrokeshire County Council Website - http://www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk
Please Note: Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for compliance with our IT Security, and Email/Internet Policy.
This signature also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses and malicious code.
Dim ond y sawl y mae'r ddogfen hon wedi'i chyfeirio atynt ddylai ei darllen, a'i defnyddio ganddynt ar gyfer ei dibenion bwriadedig; ac ni ddylid fel arall ei hatgynhyrchu, copio, lledaenu, datgelu, addasu, dosbarthu, cyhoeddi na'i rhoi ar waith chwaith. Os ydych chi wedi derbyn yr e-bost hwn trwy gamgymeriad, byddwch cystal a rhoi gwybod i ni ar unwaith trwy ffonio 01437 764551 a'i ddileu oddi ar eich cyfrifiadur ar unwaith. Ni ddylid rhoi'r cyfeiriad e-bost i unrhyw drydydd parti na'i ddefnyddio ar gyfer unrhyw ddiben arall chwaith.
Gwefan Cyngor Sir Penfro - http://www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk
Sylwer: Mae negeseuon e-bost sy’n cael eu hanfon a’u derbyn yn cael eu monitro’n rheolaidd ar gyfer cydymffurfio â’n Diogelwch TG, a’n Polisi E-bost/Rhyngrwyd.
Mae'r llofnod hwn hefyd yn cadarnhau bod y neges e-bost hon wedi cael ei harchwilio am fodolaeth firysau cyfrifiadurol a chod maleisus.