Dear all,

I was wondering if any of the users of the above assay for Anti-Müllerian Hormone could help clarify something.

Occasionally we get samples that have absorbances close to 0 or even -0.001 or so. Now, I just thought that this was due to the assay not being sensitive enough at these low levels and thought that such samples had very low AMHs anyway. However, we brought this up with Beckmann-Coulter and they claim that our blank seems to have very high absorbance and that’s what renders the assay insensitive at this level. The kit insert states that the absorbance of the blank is expected to be ~0.03, while what we get is about 0.07-0.08. We wondered if it was just peculiar to the lot No we were using (890142) but now we did our 1st batch with a new lot (990508) and the blank absorbance was 0.066 - pretty much the same.

I’m wondering what absorbances other users get for the blank and whether you see samples with A close to 0. We run the assay on the DS2 ELISA system.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Angela

Angela Kremmyda

Senior Biochemist

Dept of Clinical Biochemistry

Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mytton Oak Road

Shrewsbury

SY3 8XQ

Tel:  01743 261158

Fax: 01743 261159

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/ ------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/