On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 23:02:22 +0200, Paul Chandler wrote:

> text-book by Ludwig Ott, Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma (St Louis: Herder, 1958) is a decent vademecum to traditional (post-Tridentine) Catholic theology
and its technical vocabulary, with the main points usually illustrated with references to conciliar decrees and the most important patristic, medieval and early
modern authors -- highly summary, apologetic, and systematised, but careful to report unresolved differences of theological opinion, it is all in all, a useful guide
to the Latin terminology and a good springboard to further research. -- Paul Chandler

Related to this is Denzinger's "Sources of Catholic Dogma" which is essentially a compendium of councils, papal statements, decrees and Patristic writings on
a very wide range of theological subjects.  It has been through several incarnations and was/is widely quoted in theological writings.  The references are not
the entire document, but passages relevant to specific topics and largely arranged chronologically.  The Latin title is Enchiridion Symbolorum, if I remember
correctly, which I might not, but I mention the title for the benefit of more erudite Latinists who now have an opportunity to correct me, which is a good thing.

I need a lot of correction ;-))

George the Less

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]