Dear Mohamed,

I assume you co-register the Fallypride microPET images to the same animal
MRI.  Then normalize the MRI
and carry along the PET images.  This gives two stages to examine:  How good
is the
co-registration of the PET/MR; and how good is the normalization of the
animal's MR.

If you have issues with the normalization, start by testing a simple
normalization,
and progressively try harder ones.  First off, how does a linear
normalization work, not
allowing any non-linear iterations.

I typically pick "Averaged sized template" for the Affine regularization.

If you want to allow non-linear iterations, start with a fewer number, say
4, and work
up.  Also you can try setting the "Nonlinear Regularisation" to 10 or on bad
cases even 100.

I haven't work with the template  by Schweinhardt. et. al.;we use a lab
template of animals
we collected.  Our template and animal MRIs coming from the same camera is
likely an
advantage.

Hope this helps.

dave