The former...I think.

Essentially, what I would like to do is to generate a method by which I can obtain z-score images from single subjects' log-transformed Jacobian determinants relative to a large population mean and SD Jacobian determinant images.  I already have log-transformed Jacobians determinant values for these few subjects relative to a normal elderly population atlas, but what I'd really like to know is how much these subjects differed from the atlas in z-score values (i.e., translation of log-transformed Jacobians to z-scores).  Maybe there's a different (or more appropriate) way to do this?

BTW - we don't have AFNI revved up for use.  I know, I know...  ;)

Jeff