From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Markus Gschwind
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 5:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FSL] probtrackx with two waypointmasks

Dear FSLers,

I have the following problem:

I am trying to probtrackx from the corpus callosum to two homologue regions
in both hemispheres (for example an 10mm sphere ROI in left and right V1).
The corpus callosum mask is binary and drawn on the median sagittal slice
(the data  are acquired under 30 diffusion directions).

I am using a seed mask (CC) and two waypoint masks (LV1 and RV1).
I am getting 0 waytotals.

However:
a) When I am probtrackxing each ROI alone (with only 1 waypointmask), I am
getting 1800 resp. 3200 waytotals for the resulting tracts to LV1 resp. RV1.

b) By looking at the two resulting fdt_paths in fslview I see that the touch

c) By intersecting (fslmaths -mul ) the two resulting fdt_paths I get 590
voxels of intersecting volume.

d) When I am probtrackxing from CC without waypointmask I get an
intersection of the resulting fdt_path with leftV1 of 58 voxels and with
rightV1 of 68 voxels.

My question is:
Given all this evidence of connectivity of CC to LV1 and RV1, why do get
waytotals=0 in the 2-waypoints probtrackx?
What could I do different in to help?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Markus

--
Dr. med. Markus Gschwind, M.D.
Laboratory for Neurology and Imaging of Cognition

Tel 0041 (0) 22 379 5324
Fax 0041 (0) 22 379 5402
email: [log in to unmask]
http://labnic.unige.ch