--- En date de : Ven 13.3.09, car <[log in to unmask]> a écrit :

De: car <[log in to unmask]>
Objet: 11th International Paleolimnology Symposium - special session announcement
Date: Vendredi 13 Mars 2009, 3h29

We would like to draw your attention to the following session at the 11th International Paleolimnology Symposium, to be held 23-26 June 2009 in Guadalajara, Mexico: "Late Quaternary paleoclimate and paleoenvironmental records in lakes from the Southern Hemisphere".

Abstracts will be accepted until May 20, but please note that early registration ends March 20.

For further details on the conference, see http://www.geofisica.unam.mx/paleolimnologia .

Best regards,

Sébastien Bertrand ([log in to unmask]" ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask])
Krystyna Saunders ([log in to unmask]" ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask])
Elie Verleyen ([log in to unmask]" ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask])
Steven Roberts ([log in to unmask]" ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask])

Session description: Compared to the Northern Hemisphere, paleoclimate and paleoenvironmental sedimentary records from the Southern Hemisphere are still relatively scarce. In this session, we invite a broad range of oral and poster contributions related to the reconstruction of past climate and environmental changes based on the analysis of lake sedimentary archives from the Southern Hemisphere, including Antarctica.We particularly encourage papers that focus on high-resolution paleoclimate records covering the last deglaciation, as well as more recent time-windows (e.g., LIA, MWP). We also invite contributions that deal with late Quaternary natural and anthropogenic environmental changes, such as seismic and volcanic activity, pollution and changes in vegetation and limnology. Finally, we welcome contributions that are based on a wide variety of sedimentological, geochemical and biological proxies and we particularly encourage papers focusing on the application of novel proxies to study lakes in the Southern Hemisphere.

Courtesy ~

Dr Krystyna Saunders
Institute of Antarctic & Southern Ocean Studies
University of Tasmania
Private Bag 77
Hobart Tasmania 7001
Australia