Disability related sick leave

Guidance previous issued by the Disability Rights Commission on this matter can be found at: http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/Documents/Disability/Employment/Sick_leave_pay_and_appointments.doc

This states:

“Your employer's records should record separately disability and non-disability-related absences, especially as it may be necessary to discount all or some disability-related absences for the following purposes:

·              disciplinary procedures

·              performance appraisals, especially when linked to bonuses, ongoing professional development and pay rises

·              references

·              selection criteria for promotion

·              selection criteria for redundancy.”

Hope this is helpful.

Paul

Paul Crofts

Equality & Diversity Advisor