It seems to me the donation of clothing is eing deducted from the fee for
exhumation.  does the text say how soon after the original burial the
corpse was exhumed?

I have been through my home library without finding a text that clearly
defines funeralia.  The papal decretals about burial offer no clear
definitions of either funeralia or mortuaria.  Trexler, in Church and
Community 1200-1600, pp. 293-294, uses funeralia to mean offerings
received at the burial, but he notes that some sources used it & mortuaria
interchangeably.  The reference to oblationibus funeralibus in c. Dudum a
Bonifacio [Clem. 3.7.2] seems to support Trexler.

Tom Izbicki

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]