Hi - you're right that easythresh isn't exactly the same, because it
uses the zstat image and not the residuals to estimate smoothness.
However in my experience it isn't ever very different. I suspect that
something's not comparable here - for example, are both approaches
using differently pre-masked images? How do the smoothness estimations
and voxel counts compare in the two cases?

Cheers.

On 24 Feb 2009, at 08:48, David Shirinyan wrote:

> I have been noticing this same issue but I have very large
> differences (ten
> fold) in the p values.  FEAT output thresholded at Z=2 p=.05
> corresponds to
> an easythresh p threshold of p=.5.  Is this large difference still
> due to
> smoothing estimation?  Given this large discrepancy, how can I make
> use of
> easythresh?  Are the easythresh images at p=.5 usable?  Is easythresh
> unusable with my given dataset?
> Thank you in advance.

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)