Jaro,

From my limited understanding of EBM, I would have to say that much of this (I have been doing some thinking since I received your mail regarding this matter) would be in the realms of speculation and analysis using mostly "circumstantial evidence". If we do undertake an endeavor  to outline the study as you propose it, much of it would either have no evidence or very poor quality evidence to back up the guesstimates.

Also another problem in considering issues of Paleopathology is the reliability of the Medical records. Whether the Court Physician reports and records are in true concurrence with the facts remains a much doubted fact. Since yesterday, I have been thinking of how to incorporate your suggestions in my work and came up against pretty much what can be called a dead end.

I was thinking if there were any reliable methods to somehow extrapolate the implications of an alternative situations. If there was one, then we could compare the real outcome with the hypothetical extrapolation of an alternative situation and thus have a concrete discussion on our hands. I know this probably sounds really mad and juvenile, but considering the fact that I AM a rookie (just a med student still!) you will have to forgive my utopian ideas and inability to draw conclusions!

However, I am keen to work on this and see if anything comes out of it, because, I personally think that this is an intriguing topic. So, i would look forward to getting more suggestions on how to go about this task.

Thanks and regards,
Pranab

signature15
MBBS (Final)