Dear SPM users,
I am new to SPM and am trying to learn the software since I believe it has a
very good potential in assisting me with my research.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work. When I try Epoching or Artifact, on
the data I found on the SPM site (multi-modal faces) I get the following
error:

      New working directory:
            /home/Adam/Documents/MATLAB/Multi-modal faces/EEG

        -----------------------------------------  13:22:02 - 07/01/2009

checkmeeg: sampling rate is missing
??? Error using ==> spm_eeg_artefact at 58
Trouble reading file /home/Adam/Documents/MATLAB/Multi-modal
faces/EEG/e_eeg.mat

??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback

checkmeeg: sampling rate is missing
??? Error using ==> spm_eeg_epochs at 55
Trouble reading file /home/Adam/Documents/MATLAB/Multi-modal
faces/EEG/e_eeg.mat

??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback

I get the same error on other data sets as well.
I suspect it is a global problem since it affects a few functions and not
only one.

I use Ubuntu 8.04.1 and Matlab 7.6.0(R2008a)

Thanks for your help,
Adam