I am sending this information to the list since use of ICT has become a key
driver across the education sector.  We have an appropriate short CPD course
at the Institute of Education, University of London, which some may be
interested in.

It is the long-established online course in Online Education & Training, which is
also a forum for rich structured collaborative learning with UK and world-wide
educators.

It deals with general issues of integrating e-learning into a variety of contexts,
including settings for different kinds of learners.  It approaches teaching in
terms of a practical framework in which new technology can be more clearly
seen to play its role either for blended or distance learning. There are regular
regular small tasks, and a choice of optional topics expected to include:

- online discourse and moderating
- computer-based assessment
- mobile technologies
- social networking of many kinds, e.g. blogging and podcasting or SecondLife
- real-time teaching by phone, text, video-conferencing

The next start is 9th March 2009.  We suggest you register as soon as
possible.

The course carries 30 UK credits towards either a masters or a diploma and
can be taken by 10 weeks distance study online.

The fee is £Stg 654, which can be paid by bank transfer, credit card or
instalments. A cheaper auditor registration is also available if you do
not need the credits.