Please can I ask my NHS colleagues for advice here.
We have a fire fighter who attended an incident and sustained a needle stick
injury on Christmas eve.
He attended A&E & was given a Hep B booster (although he was already
covered) but nothing else. Now its been a while since I worked in the NHS but
we used to take bloods & offer 'PEP' has this cahnged?
Also I have told him he will need to be screened at 3 months & 6 months for
HIV - is this correct as his GP has said 3 months will be sufficient.

Ideally I suppose Im looking for some simple guidance that will help both him &
me.
Can anyone help
& Happy New Year to all.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES: