From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Glenn Raybone
Sent: 22 January 2009 14:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] sick certificates

well my two-penneth worth is also along the lines of frustration!

A recent case has been an individual off sick for over 4 months, whilst
under
various consultants. We have finally had reports back and there's no
underlying medical condition.

Here's the rub!

A letter stating the results and conclusion was sent to the GP 2 months
ago,
yet notes have still been issued, and the individual remains 'off sick'
as I type
this.

We could go down the route of challenging the GP, but this would
increase
time further.

I have given the OH position and it's now down to HR.

I always look on the positive side, but even I have to admit I can't see
this
changing, regardless of the Black Report. It's such a pity the trial to
have OH
professionals issue sick notes wasn't supported and consequently failed.

regards

Glenn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS
http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING EDUCATION
http://www.aohne.org.uk

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government
Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in
partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) In
case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.