thanx david
great questions all

but in view of the deafening silence
i guess listmembers who could answer you most sensibly are saving up their best follies for april & the sovereignty sos conference

man i wish i could be a fly on the wall at track 1 on april first
& then hop over to track 3 for the rest

but about your link
i dont know if i prefer ambazania more than ambazonia for southern cameroons
so ambivalence may be in order on this zany name for a zone that could go either way
but the only village of the excised portion of nigeria i could positively locate
dorofi by name
is in fact very near the tripoint of nigeria with ambazania & the rest of cameroun

so if self determination ever got a hold of it & its neighborhood
it might fall naturally enough in any of 3 directions

but this entire cameroun nigeria frontier zone has long been a sovereign & jurisdictional mess
so it is also a question of exactly which version of uti possidetis you may prefer to believe
if you do think territorial integrity more determinative than self determination

anyway
no surprise but i cant answer any of your questions about what happens to people who dont self determine

i did hear from a highly respected listmember on this topic tho
who wisely counsels
everywhere & always
negotiate negotiate negotiate
as i understand him

sooner than going to say court or war anyway

& thus i think he puts his finger on the very pathway to self determination

an exceedingly determined even if seemingly endless negotiation