Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that the programme for IBRU's forthcoming
conference 'The State of Sovereignty' (to be held at Durham University
on 1-3 April 2009) is now available.

More than 90 speakers from 30 countries will lead 26 sessions over three
days exploring a diverse range of themes - from 'failing' states to
disputed maritime space to cartographies of sovereignty - and regional
issues from the Arctic to the Middle East to Western Sahara. The full
conference programme plus paper abstracts can be viewed online at
http://www.dur.ac.uk/ibru/conferences/sos. A PDF brochure containing the
programme plus administrative information can also be downloaded from
the conference website.

For full-time university researchers and teachers the conference fee is
GBP 395 for bookings confirmed by 13 February 2009, and GBP 495
thereafter. The fee for full-time students is GBP 265 (no 'early bird'
deadline applies to this rate). For other participants, the fee is GBP
695 for bookings confirmed by 13 February and GBP 795 thereafter. These
are _all-inclusive_ rates which cover three nights' accommodation and
meals throughout the conference, including a gala dinner in Durham
Castle on 2 April.

'SoS' promises to be a highly stimulating event and we hope that many of
you will be able join us as we celebrate 20 years of boundary studies in
Durham. To register you interest in attending the conference, please
complete the booking form on the conference website or contact

Please feel free to forward this announcement to other email lists and
colleagues who may be interested in participating.

Best wishes,

m a r t i n

==============================
Martin Pratt