That is right, Julian,

I already replyed to Sam that the formulation of the problem was
hardly formulated. This initial stage - setting goals, detecting
problems, total "diagnostics" of the whole situation - is essential.

As for mono- or poly-cultures - it is great to employ robots, but
there are lot of ways to avoid monocultural strategies without robots
with the existing technologies and machinery. The solutions are mainly
in the spatial lay-outs of the fields. Permaculture gives many nice
paragons.

Regards
Nikolay Bogatyrev